VZW IPhone & Work Email

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro - 2.4GHz C2D - 4GB RAM - 250GB Hard Drive
My friend is trying to set up her new VZW IPhone to get her work email. We have tried everything but cannot get it to work. It is "Microsoft Office Outlook Web Access - provided by Microsoft Exchange Server 2003."

I have searched so many sites but I cannot find any solutions.
I think one message stated it could not connect because of SSL I believe and another couldn't verify.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I'm pretty sure that the iPhone doesn't support Exchange 2003. Only newer versions.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Her company's Exchange server needs to be specifically configured to allow the iPhone to sync. She should contact her IT department.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro - 2.4GHz C2D - 4GB RAM - 250GB Hard Drive
Thanks guys for the info. I will let her know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
The iPhone does support Exchange 2003 - it is what I am using currently. Luckily we are upgrading to 2007 here in 2011 (make sense of that)

To directly access an Exchange server Exchange Active Sync has to be on - EAS, and OMA - outlook mobile access. The IT guys have to have that setup and available to the outside world. OWA - Outlook Web Access isn't enough.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac, Airport Extreme, Airport Express, iPod Touch 32g, White Macbook, ATV2, iPad 32g, iPhone 4
I'm using 2003 and it works and syncs fine. Her IT dept. will have to give her the proper settings. Can't speak for all, but my IT department requires the phone locks after a specified time, and a password must be used to reopen. Security tactic. It's worth the PW entry.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.