How do you find the price of a Mac App Store App after it's bought?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
How do you find the price of a Mac App Store App after it's bought?
Another little question. All I get for bought apps is "installed". I'd like to know the price so I can tell a friend or something. How would I be able to do this?

C

chas_m

Well, you could look at your e-mailed receipt for a start ...

Also, almost every app in the Mac App Store has an alternate selling place, usually the developer's website (which is linked from the Mac App Store description page). The website will generally have the price posted quite prominently.

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Yes I could look at the receipt but I wanted an in App way too find the info. And from that you are saying it seems that the receipt or developer's website are the only way. Thanks for that.

I think this is an oversight on Apple part. This info should be there in app after you made the purchase.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Then you'd have folks buying it and complaining Apple let them buy a 2nd time when they already had it installed.

But I agree, the price should be listed somewhere other than in the purchase box.

Just went and checked a couple of games I have from the App Store. There's no way to find the current price as there is no price listed on the developer's site since they are multi-platform and only available for download via the platform.

I would think with an upgrade to come, you'll be able to see the price once again - same as the iTunes app store - so that you can gift it to someone else.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
I'd like to know this too. I have two pieces of trial software installed. I cannot get the 'Apple App' price without completely uninstalling both which I'd rather not do so I'm being forced to buy elsewhere.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.