• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple's new MacBook Pros in production, due by early March - sources

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Nice. Those Apple gift cards are burning a hole in my desk..... ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Before the desk is kaput, you could give them to me ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Nice. Those Apple gift cards are burning a hole in my desk..... ;D

LOL:)

I wonder what they really updated? A color change would be a nice touch, imo.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
ahhh i hate it when they update it and i cant afford it...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
So let's speculate. What can they really do, that would be of interest at this point ? The obvious changes would be internal hardware specs, such as hard drive, memory, processor and GPU's. But what sort of aesthetic and functional "improvements" are possible at this point ?

We won't be getting USB 3.0 most likely, because Apple is waiting on better and possibly more proprietary technology such as Intel's Light Peak.

Better battery ? Different/better LCD's ? Something to do with integrating iOS ? Perhaps different material for the casing or how they're produced ?

I could probably come up with a list of "wants" or "hopes" but that's different from what will likely come to fruition.

Go.

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
It's going to be a new processor and maybe some random internal hardware changes or options. Nothing radical.

If it was radical, far more information would have leaked out by now.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i reckon they will boost the base 13" MBP to an i3, like they did with the latest iMacs. this will annoy me most.

no blu ray, no USB3. slight increases to everything, the gpu will be slightly better, hard drive slightly bigger. maybe theyll get a tiny facelift too.

maybe they'll improve the resolution of the isight. another USB port would be nice? a dedicated audio input for the 13 inch models?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
maybe theyll get a tiny facelift too.

maybe they'll improve the resolution of the isight. another USB port would be nice? a dedicated audio input for the 13 inch models?

I'm going to pretty guarantee it's no to all of that stuff. If any of that were true, there would have been information leaked by now, especially if they're planning to announce it in two weeks.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm going to pretty guarantee it's no to all of that stuff. If any of that were true, there would have been information leaked by now, especially if they're planning to announce it in two weeks.

i can always hope.....

it doesnt matter to me anyways, im not going to be able to get one :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
I wonder what it costs Apple vs what they make on the return when they ramp up production on products which don't require any visible physical alterations ? Because each time they announce a new release, thousands upon thousands of new users jump on board and existing users also tend to upgrade.

Yes. I like stating the obvious. I"m bored and trying to figure out a good name for my website/brand. Hopefully my mindless babbling will help me do that. :)

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
In my opinion, just the fact that no "reliable" source has come out with anything, alone suggests that anything could be possible. This is Apple, if any reliable sources knew already that there wasn't anything new coming out, they would have already told us.

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
When the only 100% reliable source is Apple itself I think we just have to wait and see.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I'm in the mood to speculate, so I'm going to propose the following in addition to minor upgrades, cpu, graphics etc:

1) Non optical drive model (either extended battery or additional HDD--possibly even a model combining Flash Drive for OS and HDD for data etc)
2) Black anodized option (no I am not going from the pic, just harkening back to the Black MacBook days)
3) 11 MBP to match the 11 MBA

Done speculating! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.