image display issues.

Reaction score
My Power mac g4 stopped sending out signals to my monitor when it has worked before and it all of a sudden just stopped. i am wondering if it is the graphics card or some other hardware issue. please help. also the screen is still supposed to send out images even if i dont have a hard drive installed right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Try another cable, it could be that, that has gone bad. (Plus it's the cheapest cost-test you can do).

- Simon

OP
C
Reaction score
monitor

well the monitor works with other computers as well as other macs, so im just wondering if it is the graphics card would i have to get a certain format or can i get any old graphics card from best buy or something.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Which Powermac G4 do you have? There were many models of that machine. In any event, if the graphics card is defective you would need to get an exact replacement or a good substitute. There is no way that Best Buy will have a graphics card for your machine. You'll have to buy a replacement from a Mac parts reseller.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.