• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Best way to make a video clip with just an image and a mp3?

Reaction score
Hey Guys
I have an iMac with Snow Leopard. I have an EDM blog and months ago I tried to make a YouTube video. All I need the video to have is an image and a mp3. Some effects like fading in and out would be cool too but that seems like too much to ask iMovie.

I have been using my OLD @$$ Windows desktop to make these videos with Windows Movie Maker but I CANNOT seem to find an application that works and/or is simple enough. I like how you basically just drag and drop in WMM, and thats what I need. I have tried many many times in iMovie- unless I'm just doing it wrong.

A free application would be preferred unless I really need to buy it.

Any tips?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
iPhoto can do this, so can iMovie. >_>"

OP
N
Reaction score
Hm... I got a little bit further. I want the image to be on the screen for like 7 minutes- iMovie is saying it can't be on longer then 9 seconds. Any tips other then multiple sets of the same image?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Hm... I got a little bit further. I want the image to be on the screen for like 7 minutes- iMovie is saying it can't be on longer then 9 seconds. Any tips other then multiple sets of the same image?

20110216-f9yd2kaqtf6bygkkk4xtggi2yt.jpg

20110216-cukbc9ma5s7xrtqqixpgq2ajy2.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
iMovie is saying it can't be on longer then 9 seconds. Any tips other then multiple sets of the same image?
Copy and paste is the only answer, I believe.

Reaction score
Greetings.

I hate to disagree ever so slightly, but the clip adjustment setting should be 7x60 secs - ie 420 to achieve the effect. I've tried it. It works!

Cheers Mitcherooney

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
I hate to disagree ever so slightly, but the clip adjustment setting should be 7x60 secs - ie 420 to achieve the effect. I've tried it. It works!
Your right, it does. Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.