Can't download apps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir 2012
I cannot download the updates of MacFamily Tree and NeoOffice.

It says "transferring data from download....." and the wheel is spinning, but even leaving it alone for an hour nothing more happens. I have paid for the update for MacFamily Tree and have the registration number, but I can't even get to the page where I can apply it.

The attachment shows you where it gets stuck. The page is blank.

Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem may be.

Thank you.

MACFAMILY TREE DOWNLOAD PROGRESS.png

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir 2012
BTW, it doesn't matter whether I use firefox or safari. Neither works.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Could just be a glitch in the store. Try signing out of the App Store, logging off your computer, log back in, try and update again and enter your credentials when asked for them.

Hope this helps
- Simon

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir 2012
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, none of your suggestions solved my problem.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Try a total shutdown and restart--this often helps me if something gets stuck. By this I mean power cord disconnected and battery out if you are using a Macbook or MBP.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir 2012
Thank you. I haven't tried taking the battery out. Will try that too.

I am hoping to avoid taking it to the Genius Bar, obviously.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
If you are downloading from your wireless network, you might have a weak or dropping signal. Or an ISP problem, if you have a wired connection to your router or modem.

Try a wired method and see, if that temporality fixes your issue.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir 2012
Well, I am totally frustrated. I have tried all of the above and still cannot download app updates (NeoOffice and MacFamily Tree) nor a piece of sheet music I bought. However, all the Apple updates can be downloaded. Is my next step the Genius Bar?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
One question, Have you downloaded an application such as Speed Download by Yazsoft or any other download manager?

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir 2012
Sorry I haven't gotten back to you all. I have been traveling. While in New York City, I went to the Genius Bar in Manhattan and the fellow there found, almost immediately, that I had Speed Download plug in. (Harry, I must have downloaded it when I first got my computer, because I didn't remember that I had it.) He removed it from my plug in folder and was able to download the apps. Imagine, it was something as simple as that. There was no charge. He said it was a free consultation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And avoid Speed Download like the plague. It was a program you may have used in an earlier OS and is the very devil to get rid of without the uninstaller. Bet the Genius had a comment also about it?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.