• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

having problems with imovie and iskysoft...no audio on converted files

Reaction score
hello
i recently change from pc to mac and started to use imovie for editing my movies, videos, etc.
after i bought my new digital camcorder the Toshiba Camileo x100, it says its not mac friendly. It records in .avi hdmi 1080 60fps which the videos looks amazing. Now, i know that imovie doesnt support .avi files, soo i bought iskysoft media converter which lets me convert the .avi files to which ever formatr i want. i tried Mpeg2 mpeg3 mp4 mov dv,, i tried them all and they export to imovie easily but with out audio. i open the file in quicktime and theres video but no audio. before i bought i skysoft i tried the free trial and used imovie so , heres the video
YouTube - Derek Skating @ Cabo Rojo Sk8 Plaza
i would aprecciate any helpp
thanks

hilton

OP
H
Reaction score
ok squared 5 just gives me a black screeen and video dont even play in VLC
iskysoft plays videos but no audio
tried exporting the audio to a separate track and nothing \
i use the toshiba camileo x100 cam and iskysoft converter
any help on the exact format i need to convert????

OP
H
Reaction score
now trying to convert with handbrake
to mp4 and acc audio
lets see what happenss

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.