Help! No Windows 7 disc because my toshiba doesn't have an optical drive

Reaction score
I want to put my copy of Windows 7 on my new macbook pro but I am coming from a Toshiba t135 satellite and it doesn't have an optical drive so it didn't come with a disc of Windows 7. Is there a way to create one from the satellite? I have a dvd writer drive that I attach USB and could burn one if there was a way to do that from my existing copy. I also have a toshiba windows vista laptop and have that copy on disc, but I really don't want to put Vista on my new macbook pro.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Did they not give you any way to restore your Toshiba?

And do you plan on wiping Win 7 off your Toshiba after you install it on your Mac? Pretty sure you can only run it on one machine at a time due to the license terms.

OP
Reaction score
Did they not give you any way to restore your Toshiba?

And do you plan on wiping Win 7 off your Toshiba after you install it on your Mac? Pretty sure you can only run it on one machine at a time due to the license terms.

No. It's a satellite t135 and it doesn't have a dvd/cd disc drive, so no recovery cd or anything. If I can get it off there I will gladly wipe it off - I'm so frustrated right now.

You can create a system image or system repair disc and those are the only options. I am looking at running vmware fusion with windows 7 and I'm not sure that either of those options will work. I hate to go and shell out even more money for another copy of windows 7 for really 1 program I still need on windows (MS Publisher).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid '09 13" MBP 2.53 C2D, 8Gb RAM, 250 Gb HD, SL and Win7
This is probably an incredibly dumb question but can the Toshibas hard drive be removed , placed in an enclosure and be connected to the mac that way? Like I said dumb idea

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
No. It's a satellite t135 and it doesn't have a dvd/cd disc drive, so no recovery cd or anything. If I can get it off there I will gladly wipe it off - I'm so frustrated right now.

You can create a system image or system repair disc and those are the only options. I am looking at running vmware fusion with windows 7 and I'm not sure that either of those options will work. I hate to go and shell out even more money for another copy of windows 7 for really 1 program I still need on windows (MS Publisher).

So if your Toshiba crashes, or fails, you're saying they didn't provide you with any way to restore your system?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
This is a problem my friend just went through on an ACER he had to call tech support and
they mailed him a recovery disc.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It doesn't matter anyway since a recovery disk of XP, Vista, or Windows 7 will not work as proper install media for Boot Camp.

He has to purchase a full install version of Windows 7. I suggest purchasing a system builders full OEM version of Windows 7 from NewEgg, Amazon, or Tiger Direct.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch 2012 Air
If you want you can download windows seven for free from Microsoft. You don't need a key. If you don't put in a key it makes it a thirty day trial. Once installed you will have thirty days to buy a key from new egg. Once you have your key right click my computer and choose properties. Scroll all the way down and choose update key. Then register with Microsoft.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.