Mail counter missing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP OS X 10.6.6, 2.4 GHz, 4GB
The counter in the Apple Mail program no longer provides a count of how many emails I have. How do get it back?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
What is Mail > Preferences > General > "Dock unread count" set to? It sounds as if it is set to None.

OP
mannoman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mailbox counter

Thanks for the quick response, vansmith. I wish it was that simple. It is set to Inbox Only. Very peculiar anomaly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
I think we are talking 2 different things.
In the opening post there is reference to "....a count of how many E-mails I have .... " and the Mail -> Preference -> General -> Dock Unread Count is all about indicating how may E-mail you haven't opened yet ..... 2 different things.
If you have opened all your mails, the unread count is zero and it will not be displayed.

Just checking .... maybe it is that simple.

unless you installed some 3rd party app that fiddles with the mail.app

Cheers ... McBie

OP
mannoman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mail UNREAD counter

To clarify: the problem is the unread counter stopped working. I guess I should say the problem WAS - because as mysteriously as it disappeared, it has magically reappeared and is working just fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.