no airport card installed

Reaction score
Hello! Imac27, a/p card not installed when it used to work. reset Pram, repaired disk, etc... any known fixes?

Being this is a prior existing problem, my warranty ran out literally 2 weeks ago, would apple honor and do a fix?

thanks!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
If your airport card a truly failed...and you're 2 weeks out of warranty...you could try to see if Apple will still replace it (they might, they may not)...but you won't know unless you check with Apple.

There are no official extended repair programs that I'm aware of, that cover a failed airport card on a 27" iMac. So officially...if Apple decides not to repair it...they would be within the terms of the Applecare warranty. But sometimes...maybe even many times...the folks at the Apple Stores are pretty flexible...so I would say there is a change they may repair it.

- Nick

OP
K
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. If they won't do a swap of the card, I will prolly do it myself. Just not sure of where to buy the part Any suggestions?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Thank you for the reply. If they won't do a swap of the card, I will prolly do it myself. Just not sure of where to buy the part Any suggestions?

Here's a few places I've found that seem to sell it:

Apple AirPort Card Late 2009 for iMac 21.5" & 27" Late 2009 - Mid 2010 661-5423 - NEW - $109.00

http://www.macpartsonline.com/661-5...nch-imac-late-2009-27inch-imac-late-2009.html

http://www.usedmac.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=3103

...this 27" iMac is so new...that I don't think that many places are selling many parts for it...other than ram & hard drive upgrades.

Also...here's a link on how to replace the Airport card...just in case you need it:

Installing iMac Intel 27" AirPort Card - iFixit

Hope this helps,

- Nick

OP
K
Reaction score
That is a great amount of resource. I am glad to be a member of this forum. Thanks! And I'll let you know how it goes after the apple store visit. :\

OP
K
Reaction score

Awesome time at mall of Louisiana Apple store. Reccamend to everyone. Replaced a/p card w/ Archived install of osX. works fine for now. thank you folks!:D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.