• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Help with Canon 305xf MXF to FCP

Reaction score
Hi ladies and gents

Got contracted for a gig and I've been supplied with some MXF footage from a Canon 305 xf camera.
Problem was they didn't supply the disc that comes with the camera and has a log and transfer plugin on it and FCP obviously doesn't like MXF.
So I've been searching on and off all afternoon and am struggling to find a solution except for un-trusted 3rd party tacky looking software.
The other problem is the guy who transferred the files from the card says he kept the complete file structure intact.. but I have no way of knowing for sure.

Same old story, I've tried Compressor, Log and Transfer and Mpegstream clip but none of them want to see it. I even treid a sony XDCAM plug-in that apparently can do the job with canon MXF but as its not off the original card or camera it doesn't register when L and T starts up...

Anyone got any Ideas...

Cheers in advance for any help

LD

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.