Garageband and MIDI

Reaction score
so i'm working with a MacBook Pro (OS X 10.6.6), a Yamaha DTXplorer electronic drumset, and a Midisport Uno cable to connect the two. Yesterday i had this all worked out and was able to record via midi from my drums using the sounds provided in garageband and MidiPipe to remap the signals. Today, however, garageband won't give me any options for audio input other than "built-in input" or "system setting," neither of which are what i need. Any ideas on how to get this working?

OP
D
Reaction score
so i found out that my midi cord was bad. now its working and everything is mapped correctly, but there is this terrible delay. Suggestions?

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
okay, what is midipipe, and midisport uno? do you need drivers for them? if so make sure they are up to date.

have you done any recent updating of software?

also, do a repair permissions in disk utility. then reboot. cant hurt.

OP
D
Reaction score
buticusb 2ue

i have all the updated drivers. and i didnt have any luck with repair permissions

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
when does this delay happen, while you are playing? do you have alot of tracks running? or is it just when you are playing an instrument?

have you tried using a larger buffer size(preferences)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.