iPad question/message boards

Reaction score
I wasn't sure where to put this, since my question doesn't seem to fit into any of the iPad catagories on the board:D

What would be the reason for an iPad (or Touch, for that matter) not working with a message board? Foe example- I can post to a few message boards that i frequent on my Touch...But when I go to a particular board, the keyboard does NOT appear.

I am looking at an iPad for portability rather than a notebook, cause my most use with my lap top was simply email, web surfing, message board posting. But I NEED to be able to post to my class message boards. I cant on the Touch- do ya think I'll be able to on the iPad?:*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 17" MBP |core i7 2.66|4gb ddr3|500gb 7200rpm|snow leopard|
As far as I know from my iPad, whenever you touch into a text-box area, the keyboard always comes up....I don't see any reason why your school message boards would be different.

But, if you're THAT worried about your school message boards working, simply go to an Apple store and get on an iPad and go to your school message boards and see if it works.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010+ Mac Mini, 2.4 ghz, 8 gigs RAM / iPad (1st gen) 32gb 3G / iPhone4 16gb / iPod Video 30gb
I have found that in some text boxes, you have to touch the upper left corner... where the text would begin.

OP
A
Reaction score
The nearest apple store or micro center or best buy is over 2 hrs away- and the ipads at walmart aren't try-able. Ah well, gives me a reason for a road trip, right? LOL

OP
A
Reaction score
Went to Verizon last night, and tried the iPad out...When using Safari, I have to click the little html button on the forum, but it worked. The guy said if i download Firefox, i shouldn't have that issue! YAY! I am happy- I REALLY wanted an iPad rather than a laptop.

iMac & iPad, here i come!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.