Wireless Printing from Mac or PC?

Reaction score
I am not very technical and have had my iMac for almost a year now. I have an HP LaserJet P1006 connected to the iMac. My daughter uses a laptop in another part of the house. We do have wireless internet using a NetGear WNR1000 wireless router, which is also connected to the iMac (or to the modem which is connected to the iMac). Is there a way to print wirelessly from the Windows laptop (I think she has Vista) to the HP printer connected to the iMac?

Cheryl

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
OP
C
Reaction score
It works! At first I thought it didn't as I got a print error, but then as I was looking further I saw it now had two choices for this printer (the one I had when I physically switched the printer cable from the iMac to the laptop and the new one which has a different printer name). I tried selecting the new printer name and it printed! I am so excited! Thanks so much for your help!

Cheryl

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You're welcome, glad it worked for you!

OP
C
Reaction score
Ok wait...

It worked on this old Dell laptop that I used as my test (since it's currently sitting right next to the iMac), but when I went downstairs to try it on my daughter's Toshiba laptop, it isn't finding the printer.

I ran the Bonjour application on the laptop and it put the wizard icon on the desktop. I ran the wizard, but nothing shows up. Any suggestions on what I would do now? I am on the iMac right now and have verified that my preferences show that "Share this printer on the network" is selected.

Cheryl

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Have you restarted the Toshiba since you installed the Bonjour wizard? Sometimes that does the trick. If it works on the Dell, then the printer is sharing correctly.

OP
C
Reaction score
Oh, no I didn't. I'll go back down and try that now... be back in a few (she has alot of stuff open that I'll have to close out!)

Chery

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Also make sure she's connected to the same WiFi network (just in case), it won't work unless you're all on the same network.

OP
C
Reaction score
Ok, I'm back. I closed everything down and restarted the laptop. When it came back up, there is an error box that says:

AppleSyncNotifier.exe - Unable to Locate Component
This application has failed to start because CoreFoundation.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

I have no idea what this is referring to.

Cheryl

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Try uninstalling the Bonjour software in Add/Remove programs and reinstalling it.

OP
C
Reaction score
I removed Bonjour Print Services. She also has something called "Bonjour". That can stay?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'd remove both and reinstall the software.

OP
C
Reaction score
Do I have to reinstall two things? I'm not sure what "Bonjour" is or where to get it from.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nope, just the Bonjour printer software.

OP
C
Reaction score
Ok, I uninstalled both, reinstalled Bonjour Printer Services directly from the link. Still nothing listed when I ran the Wizard. I restarted and got the same error message.

OP
C
Reaction score
Hmmm.... I replied but it's not showing.

Anyway, I reinstalled Bonjour Printer Services, but still nothing showing up for my printer. Also still getting that error.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.