Broken Backlight in Macbook Pro

Reaction score
Hi all,
I bought a macbook pro last year off ebay, perfect condition, great software, nothing wrong with it. I had it in a traveling bag and it was dropped on the road, and the backlight broke. The screen, still works, as I'm typing on my computer now and have been for over a year, I have to use a spotlight to see my computer, so it's kind of a huge pain. I took it into apple and they quoted me some crazy number like $1800 to fix the light in my screen. I was just wondering if there was an outside company that can fix my light, or would it be better to sell my computer (it's completely functional aside from the light of the screen) and salvage the money from that to purchase a new computer.

Thanks.

Reaction score
My advice Is to look for a used display that fits your machine and ifixit.com can walk you through replacing it if you are confidant in that aspect. If you want to sell it, let me know the specs and price!

OP
P
Reaction score
My advice Is to look for a used display that fits your machine and ifixit.com can walk you through replacing it if you are confidant in that aspect. If you want to sell it, let me know the specs and price!
15.4" Macbook Pro w/ CS4, Office.
Model Name: MacBook Pro 15"
Model Identifier: MacBookPro2,2
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.16 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP22.00A5.B07
SMC Version (system): 1.12f5
Serial Number (system): SystemSerialNumb
Hardware UUID: 00000000-0000-1000-8000-001B633051D6
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

I think that's it. I'm not too savy about computers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.