PHP Binaries

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Since this is a PHP module for the Apache web server included in Mac OS X, there is no reason to put it in .zip format, therefore the .dmg is used.

Why would you need it to be in .zip format?

OP
A

apt

Thanks for your response.

And i need to distribute the PHP(4.3) binaries with my small application, as i dont want to disturb the system installed PHP/Apache settings in Mac OS X. Thatz the reason i asked for PHP binaries in zip/tar. By this my zip file will extract my application with apache and php in any Mac OS X and ready to use. Is there any way to do like this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
You could always download the dmg files, open them up and then re-zip them using the "Create Archive" command in Finder.

OP
A

apt

schweb said:
You could always download the dmg files, open them up and then re-zip them using the "Create Archive" command in Finder.

thanks schweb,

Downloaded the .dmg file. which directory i have to re-zip for php binaries, whether after it gets installed in .../local directory, or before that process... It would be helpfull if u help me with the details..

Thanks in advance..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Well I've never actually downloaded the dmg but a dmg is just another form of packaging so I would imagine you'd just open the dmg, take the files out and use the Create Archive to zip them right back up again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.