Issue jailbreaking with Greenpois0n!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro on OS X Mavericks
Okay, so I just jailbroke with Greepois0n for the first time, although when I went to install Cydia, the Cydia icon didn't show up afterward. So I went here: Cydia Icon Not Showing up after using Greenpois0n? Here and I followed the instructions to get the Cydia app to show up.

Cydia showed up great after that! :D However, about 70% of the icons for my other apps totally disappeared! :Shouting: I panicked so bad that I just restored the phone from the backup I did prior to jailbreaking.

But then my boyfriend suggested that all my app icons would've come back if I just synced my phone again. He has not jailbroken, so I'm wanting to get someone else's opinion or knowledge from experience to decide whether or not I want to re-jailbreak and try again.

Has anyone experienced this issue? If so, were your apps able to come back after an iTunes sync?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
We can't discuss jailbreaking here, sorry.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
It's legal in the US now. We're fine with it being discussed on the forums. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Ok cool, wasn't aware. Interesting too. Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Ok cool, wasn't aware. Interesting too. Thanks.

You must have missed my post to you around a week ago when I told you the same thing after you replied the same to a similar request. ;D

Reaction score
Okay, so I just jailbroke with Greepois0n for the first time, although when I went to install Cydia, the Cydia icon didn't show up afterward. So I went here: Cydia Icon Not Showing up after using Greenpois0n? Here and I followed the instructions to get the Cydia app to show up.

Cydia showed up great after that! :D However, about 70% of the icons for my other apps totally disappeared! :Shouting: I panicked so bad that I just restored the phone from the backup I did prior to jailbreaking.

But then my boyfriend suggested that all my app icons would've come back if I just synced my phone again. He has not jailbroken, so I'm wanting to get someone else's opinion or knowledge from experience to decide whether or not I want to re-jailbreak and try again.

Has anyone experienced this issue? If so, were your apps able to come back after an iTunes sync?

You just need to backup the files. Just sync it. transfer files

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I backed up the files before the jailbreak. So you're saying that once it's jailbroken and I get the Cydia app to show up, everything else will show up as well once I do an additional sync?

Reaction score
I backed up the files before the jailbreak. So you're saying that once it's jailbroken and I get the Cydia app to show up, everything else will show up as well once I do an additional sync?

if you're using cydia and "other type of hacking programs," yeah, you would lose those programs. Did you press something that erase the programs?

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
if you're using cydia and "other type of hacking programs," yeah, you would lose those programs. Did you press something that erase the programs?

No. I had to delete the com.apple.mobile.installations.plist to get the Cydia icon to show up. Doing that took a lot of the other icons away.

I'm just wondering if performing a normal sync will bring the icons back, because I do not want to try it if it won't. I feel like it might screw things up if I go back to restore if I do it that way, but I may be wrong. I am just nervous about the whole thing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.