New Pro;

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro 15" 2.4 GHz. Core i5 4GB 1067 MHz. DDR-3 Ram
First of all, thanks to everyone who responded with comments from my first post.:D
After I finish this I'm off to the Apple store to pick up my 13" MacBook Pro.
I've already bought a case and a see-thru sleeve to protect it with.

I'm sure I'll have more questions so ask your patience of this old fart as he tried to make sense of a new OS and a new computer.:Smirk:

One more question I almost forgot to ask is, "Why do we have to put up with the "Image Verification" at the top of the new thread? Sometimes it's hard for this old guy with glasses to read. I know of no other forum that has this.

Thanks again,
Russ

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
There are a few more of us old farts around that switched after years of using Windows - no worry.

The verification will go away after a few more posts.
It's there because spammers seem to love us.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro 15" 2.4 GHz. Core i5 4GB 1067 MHz. DDR-3 Ram
Thanks bobtomay! Well I just put my new toy to sleep finally! So far. I love it!!!!
I'm sorry I waited so long to go mac. It's sure is an outstanding piece of work.
I'm having fun learning the new OS and it will take some time for me to feel as comfortable as I do on a PC.
I've got my first 1 on 1 class on Tuesday and already have a list of questions ready.
I hope everyone is having a good weekend!!
Russ

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Gday Russ,
I didn't see anyone point you in this direction in your other thread, so I figured I'd throw it your way now.
Apple - Find Out How - Mac Basics
You'll see on the bottom left under the video are a bunch of other video tutorials.
I think that all of these have so much invaluable information, set out in a very user friendly easy to follow layout.

Congratulations on your new purchase, and feel free to come back with any questions, to share your experience, help others with your experience, or just even browse the many threads here to learn the mass of information shared by other Mac users.

Regards
Kane

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.