Downloading files to photoshop

Reaction score
Bear with me folks.....I have been trying to download picture files from my card reader onto my Mac.I can see the files as thumbnails but as i try to put into photoshop cs3 does not recognize this type of file........any ideas? cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
What type of file are they?

OP
Z
Reaction score
Hi thanks for replying,CR2 i think.....i took loads of pictures on my memory card put them in my card reader.i can see the thumbnails but when i try to edit them in cs3 it says it cant recognize files......:Confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Make sure your CS3 is updated. You'll also want to check at Adobe's site to make sure CS3 even supports CR2 or RAW files from your type of camera.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
why dont you copy the files from your card reader into a folder and batch them into jpeg format? then direct photoshop to the folder

Canon photo RAW CR2 File format | Extension .cr2

What's the point in shooting in RAW if you are just going to batch them into Jpeg? >_<"

You still need to view it and see if they are exposed correctly and do some editing before compressing a RAW into a Jepeg.

OP
Z
Reaction score
looked at that link,still have not a clue what to do,told you i'm not savvy lol.Itake it i need to pay for that programme?

OP
Z
Reaction score
thats right,i need to edit them in RAW mode then make them jpegs........i just cant open them in raw mode in PS

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Have you tried doing a software update? Adobe Camera Raw Plugin-In X.X.X should be there. If not try running a google search for this: Adobe Camera Raw Plug-In 4.1.1

Download and install and see if it works.

Someone apparently had the same problem as you before. Link to the thread.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.