Video editing

Reaction score
High all, newbie here.

Well I finally decided to get an IMac! Software question for you guys. I plan on doing simple editing of my home movies. Nothing fancy, maybe the occasional upload to youtube. What software do you use for that? This is how new I am to IMac's......I dont even know where to begin! All I know is that I am sick and tired of my windows based PC.

Reaction score
For the really simple stuff, just use the iMovie program that came with your iMac! :) (Unless you bought it used or somehow got one that doesn't have it?) My wife and I run a photography/video editing company out of our home, and even though we mostly use Final Cut Studio and Adobe products for our major stuff, we still use iMovie for some things! :) It's a great little program!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply folks, thats just the kinda feedback I was looking for. My neighbor used to do that kinda stuff for a living and he used adobe premier. He did some really cool stuff but the program was more than I thought I needed not to mention his computer setup! Anyway, thanks again, I'm kinda excited to get one.

Reaction score
Not a problem! There are several good programs! But I would start with iMovie first. It's very easy to learn, and you can always move on from there if it's not enough for you! Not to mention, it comes with any new/refurbished Mac, so unless you're buying from another party, you won't have to spend extra money on it :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
+1 for iMovie for a starting point, very intuitive, user friendly, and of course as ClockworkWorld pointed not expensive as it is free on new/ refurbished machines.

- Simon

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.