Mac Mail POP IMAP Multiple Computer Duplicate E-Mail Problem on Laptop

Reaction score
I am having a problem with duplicate e-mails. I used to have Mac Mail set up on my iPhone and then a POP set up in my Mac Mail desktop. Now, I have a Macbook Pro, so I set up the Mac Mail, but it set it up with an IMAP. It's a disaster! I have about 15 copies of every e-mail I send and receive. I put them in the trash, and when I search for something the ones in the trash come up as well as sent mail, all mail, it's a disaster. How can I fix this? I wish I could just go back to POP and just re-check the e-mail rather than have this duplicate e-mail situation on my laptop. Please Help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
In my opinion POP stinks compared to IMAP. If you are truly using IMAP then the messages should all be on the mail server. I would delete all the accounts in Mail and start over. I use only IMAP and have zero issues. I am sure someone will chime in with some POP love, but this is just my opinion. Who's IMAP are you using?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.