Weird MacBook Pro issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" 2.5 Ghz i5 with 16GB of RAM and a 1TB SSD.
Well, as some of you may or may not remember, my 7 month old MacBook Pro will sometimes have a weird glitch in where the screen flickers back and forth between the blue screen, and my home screen. It hasn't done it for a while. I just opened up my laptop, it went blue and then logged me out. So I logged back in. It showed my desktop, then logged me out. So I logged in again. It showed the screen, went blue and then logged me out. So I force shut it down, and then turned it back on. Now it works fine. Any ideas as to what is going on?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
If you are covered by Apple Care, then I would suggest taking it to an Apple Store and get them to look at it as it may be Hardware related.

- Simon

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, I do have applecare. I have called them about the previous problem several times. I have run TechTool Deluxe, and it says everything is working perfectly. So, it makes me think software. But I'm not sure. I would take it into an apple store, but the nearest one is Chicago (roughly 4 hour drive).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Have you backed everything up? If so I would suggest a fresh install. You could also try repairing the disk and disk permissions.

- Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
Just as a precaution, make sure you're using the latest version of TechTool Deluxe available for your OS. I've found in the past many folks use the TechTool that comes with their AppleCare, only to make things worse because of version gap between their OS and the version of TTP on the CD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
I would seriously consider calling Apple, as they may have a service centre near to you, rather than Chicago.
This does seem like a software issue mind you, and as Buzzard suggested, a clean install would be a good way to test that theory. If it still does it after that, then off to Apple with it.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hmmm. I have refreshed the permissions ect and repaired them. I am running the techtool deluxe that came with it. It may be outdated. I'm not sure. I may end up giving apple a call later on this week if it plays the "idiot box" game again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.