Snow Leopard Boot Camp drivers (no DVD)

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am planning to partition my MacBook hard drive, through Boot Camp, in order to install Windows 7 32 bit.

Upon reading Apple's Boot Camp directions, however, I discovered that I would need to find my Snow Leopard DVD for the new drivers.

I can't find the Snow Leopard disc anywhere... I am worried I have misplaced it. Is there anyway I can get on with installing the Windows drivers without my Snow Leopard disc? Is there a non-torrent version of the file out there on the web? (Torrents are blocked on my internet connection).

Any advice would be great.

Cheers,

Charlie

Reaction score
Some advice... I know this doesn't answer your question, I don't know much about where to find the drivers/if you even can besides on the disc. But. I would not dare try setting up Windows and Bootcamp without your installation disc, even if it's possible. If it somehow gets interrupted/botched... You'll be in serious trouble without that disc. I'd find the disc before you even attempt installing Windows. It's very easy and straightforward, but it just takes one error that could be out of your control, and without the OS X installation disc to at least get back to square one, you're in trouble :|

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
ClockworkWorld is telling the truth. Just go ahead and find or spend the dollars, the euros, quid, rubles to get the Snow Leopard DVD that u need.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I can't find the Snow Leopard disc anywhere... I am worried I have misplaced it. Is there anyway I can get on with installing the Windows drivers without my Snow Leopard disc? Is there a non-torrent version of the file out there on the web? (Torrents are blocked on my internet connection).

I strongly suggest you buy another Snow Leopard DVD. The cost is $29 for the upgrade DVD which is all you need to install the Windows drivers. The drivers are not available from Apple as a separate download.

And, more importantly we do not discuss illegal activities in these forums. There is no legal way to download either a copy of Snow Leopard or the drivers.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
morale: look after your original discs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.