will this work?

Reaction score
i know this is probably a really dumb question but, will i be able to install a:ATI Radeon X1600XT Graphics adapter - 256 MB - GDDR3 SDRAM on my macbook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Doubt it.
RAM and HDD replacements are the "average limits" to customization. Some replacements such as LCD display and keyboard can be done with a level of difficulty. My understanding is anything attached to the "motherboard" is an unlikely modification.
Did you try to Google the subject or look at sites like iFixIt?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
i know this is probably a really dumb question but, will i be able to install a:ATI Radeon X1600XT Graphics adapter - 256 MB - GDDR3 SDRAM on my macbook?

The GPU is surfaced mounted on the logic board. The likelihood of being able to remove it and replace it with a different one is probably slim to none. And even if you could do it, it probably would not work due to the chipset difference.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.