Should I Buy the iPod Tough 4g or wait for the 5g?

Reaction score
I've been debating about whether or not to spring for the new iPod Touch 4g for around a month now. My main issue is that buying such a device would drain all of my cash and leave me penniless. Now that I've been doing some serious research around the internet, I'm starting to wonder if I should just wait until the 5g comes out (in September?). Here are some of the concerns I've come across:

-Lame camera (but I'm not to worried about that--if you can tell what it's a picture of, it's fine)

-Easily broken screen

-Wi-fi drain on battery

-Possibility of losing apps and data whenever touch is synced w/ iTunes

Can some owners of the iPod Touch 4g lend me a hand here? Is it worth the wait? I could really use the touch right now, but I don't want to buy it and then find out I only needed to wait a few more months for an insanely better product (of course it's all going to be obsolete in a year, but...)

Keep in mind that I'm pretty ignorant as far as iPods go. The only one I've ever owned is the original iPod video 30g, which is, like, a dinosaur now (which is why I need a new 'Pod asap--this thing just doesn't have any battery left!)

Thanks all for reading this. Help me out?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
All of your concerns are should not be of any concern as they are not problems you will encounter with the iPod Touch. Merely nonsense brought up by "haters".

Basically, it's been about 6 months since 4th Gen was announced and it's gonna be about another 6 months until 5th Gen is announced. Can you wait 6 more? If so, might as well and then you'll have the "latest and greatest". Or wait another year beyond that and get the 6th Gen. Keep waiting and you'll never have one. Buy this one or wait for the next one. Up to you.

Reaction score
the 7g will be out a little while after the apocolypse, I think that is your best bet...

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
According to the Best Buy "Buy Back Program", you could actually just buy your iPod touch there and purchase the "Buy Back Program". Then when another comes out, you could return it for partial in-store credit depend on how old the item is and use that towards a newer iPod touch.

Or just sell it yourself, I guess.

Seems like you really want one now.

OP
C
Reaction score
@Pigoo3: I love that commercial XD

@iWhat: I'll look into that. And, yeah, I really want one right now.

Actually, I decided to just go ahead and get the 4g after MymacRox pointed out what a fail it is to just keep waiting XD

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.