Pc

Reaction score
I have a mac book pro and I was wondering what is the best software out there to play PC games. I want to be able to play the new PC game Rift that is soon to be released. I have tried parrels but I find it choppy and could be better but then again it could be because it was a ligit copy. Can anyone shine some inseight for me I would grately appreciate it.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Your best & fastest option with your MacBook is to set it up as a dual-boot computer using "bootcamp". You will also need a legal copy of Windows to complete the installation.

If you don't know what I'm talking about...Google "bootcamp".:)

Here's a link to get you started:

http://www.apple.com/support/bootcamp/

But bear in mind...Mac's are not known as the best gaming computers...and if you have an older MacBook...high demand games may still not run super smoothly.

HTH,

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Really depends on your MBP's specs. Please post those.
As Nick mentioned, if you bootcamp into Windows you will be able to use your Mac's full processing power and have a better chance at playing games without problems.

Side note: you really should use a more descriptive thread title to illicit more help. Most people will skip right past your thread if it doesn't get their attention.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thank you guys and sorry for the small no detail thread I was busy and had to post with a iphone lol :p but I do thank you for the replies though I have heard bootcamp is the best option. I will check it out.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Thank you guys and sorry for the small no detail thread I was busy and had to post with a iphone lol :p but I do thank you for the replies though I have heard bootcamp is the best option. I will check it out.

It's kind of the only option if insist on gaming on a Mac. Especially ones that are Windows only. >_>

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.