Ical and Firefox

Reaction score
I recently purchased a new internal hard drive for my macbook, and had a friend copy my entire computer onto it, except then, because we didn't have the screwdriver, we didn't install the new drive for about 2 months. So in the meantime I kept using my old hard drive, and now that I switched them, I am missing all the changes I made and things I added in that interim time. I was able to copy the old hard drive's user folder onto the new one, so I don't hafta carry it around to access it, but my question is, "How can I restore my Ical to how it was on the old hard drive, and my firefow as well?" All my events and todos since the first copy to my new drive are not there, and in firefox all my bookmarks are different.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Your Firefox profile is in your Home Directory > Library > Application Support > Firefox. In that directory, you want the "places.sqlite" file. For more info, see here. For iCal, I think the folder you want is at Home Directory > Library > Calendars. I'm not sure on this one though. Just to be safe, you may want to backup those folders/files first in case something goes wrong.

You could always boot into your old HD, backup/export everything from there and then simply import it into iCal and Firefox from there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.