Software updates will not install

Reaction score
When i search for new updates and click 'show details' it says i have 15 new updates but when i click 'install and restart' it restarts and they dont ever seem to appear.
I think it has downloaded them but why after restarting cant i find them?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
They may or may not be visible depending on the update. The iTunes 10 update for instance is visible both in the icon and the user interface. Other updates are not noticeable such as the 10.6.6 update which, unless you go to "About This Mac", will likely be unnoticeable. What updates did you install?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Further to vansmith's comment, you can if you wish when downloading updates go into the Menu Bar and select 'Download Only' and the update will be stored in our Downloads folder. When ready, drag it to the desktop, run Repair Permissions, double click to install and run Repair Permissions again when completed.

That way you will know they have been installed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.