New macbook pro with issues

Reaction score
I finally bit the bullet and bout a new 15" macbook pro last week to replace my 9 year old powerbook. But it keeps doing odd things.

Like this:
Screenshot2011-02-07at52550PM.png

Its like the image gets stuck on the screen and it won't go away till you turn it off. Also happens on safari and just a strip down the middle will get stuck while the sides still move.

Apple already replaced the whole computer once and the new one is still doing it. Any ideas of the problem?

What are the odds of the whole batch sent to this specific apple store having this issue?

Sorry if this is a known issue, but the apple techs acted like they had no idea of the issue and just replaced the whole computer.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Have them give you a new one?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Pain in the butt I know, but take it back in and have them replace it again.
This time, maybe while in store, after they swapped it for the new one, open the packaging, set it up, and make sure that it's not another DOA machine.

Reaction score
Very odd that the second one had the exact same problem :\ +1 for turning the next one on in store to make sure it works... If it does this too, that store really needs to talk to Apple... (though when they find out a second one from their stock has the same problem, they really need to get with Apple and figure out what's going on with their stock... )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
That seems like a faulty graphics card to me. The exact same thing happened on my older MacBook Pro but after around two years of usage. Get it replaced, dude.

OP
E
Reaction score
Im on the phone with apple now. They seem to think its a problem with flash player. Does this seem legit?

Reaction score
Never seen anything related to flash causing something like that... Would be nice if it was something so simple! I'm sure they won't let you go without resolving it somehow, or telling you how it can be resolved :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
As advised take it straight back and ask for a new replacement.

OP
E
Reaction score
Never seen anything related to flash causing something like that... Would be nice if it was something so simple! I'm sure they won't let you go without resolving it somehow, or telling you how it can be resolved :)

Actually the conversation ended with a supervisor telling me it was no issue that needed to be fixed. Which is BS. This isn't a $300 dell, its a $2000 laptop.

Reaction score
Then I would suggest that you do what the others have said :\ Take it back in and ask for a replacement or a refund. That is clearly something that needs to be fixed. I've never had trouble with them over the phone, but if they won't help over the phone, then you'll have to go to them. Let them see it and tell you with a straight face that it doesn't need to be addressed. And whatever store you got it from (unless you ordered online?) needs to speak with Apple since two in a row from their store, had the same issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
It has nothing to do with flash.... it is a faulty logic board (graphics chips are directly soldered to the boards).
Besides, you have to have a browser open running flash anyway, which I can see on your dock that you don't! LOL

Don't waste any more time on the phone, go in with a pleasant demeanour and get it swapped over again.

Reaction score
go in with a pleasant demeanour and get it swapped over again.

That part is certainly key. If you walk in all hot and acting like... well, as angry as you must feel honestly, it won't accomplish near as much as just forcing a smile and being pleasant.

OP
E
Reaction score
Oh thats not what I wanted to hear:\

I live a hour away from the apple store and already driven there twice and had to wait a hour for the genius people to look at it(even with a appointment).

I would like apple to compensate my time by giving me apple care for free. Do you all think that is to much to ask for?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yep.... too much to ask for.
Things in life happen, that are sometimes inconvenient, and expectations based on this will only lead to disappointment.

Just so you know, I received 3 MBPS that were faulty, before I finally got a 4th one (the one I'm using) that has nothing wrong with it.
I had to travel 45 minutes each way, plus the waiting time to be seen.
So, you got it good :D

Reaction score
Given that you've had two computers from the same store, with the same problem, and the way they talked to you on the phone, if you're polite and go about it right... you never know what's possible :) I wouldn't count on it, honestly. It's expensive and I don't see them handing it out, sorry :/ Apple is very well known for taking care of it's customers. If you're polite and patient and go about it the right way, there's no telling what they might do :) "Hey, I've had this issue with both computers you guys have gotten to me, I've driven here a few times at a fair expense to my time and fuel costs.." etc. you might be able to get something out of them :) Don't expect it of course, but it's possible, you never know :) But the biggest factor with things like that, just... it's well understood you're angry, any of us would be. But just force that smile and be nice to the person you talk to.

I think it's fair to ask for, in my personal opinion. Your confidence may be shaken in their products given that you got two completely failed computers in a row, from the same place, with the same problem. I think it's fair after your expenses and just the frustration of it to ask for that. But like I said, just don't expect it. I don't expect they'll do it. They don't have to by any means, and if you have an attitude (not saying you would have!) It's guaranteed they'll not.

OP
E
Reaction score
Ugh this issue is getting OLD.
Screenshot2011-02-16at21139AM.png

2011-02-15_02-10-14_547.jpg

What should be the next step in fixing this pos?

Didn't spend 2k to have something with more glitches than my $300 dell mini with mac osx installed on it.

On a side note the speakers on this thing are incredible compared to my old powerbook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Get back on the phone and tell Apple Care this is not acceptable and you can send them these screen shots and remember to be courteous it will get better results and if that does
not get it done go straight to an Apple Store and show them.

OP
E
Reaction score
Hmm you would not believe that deleting flash player has fixed it so far.

So basically I own a new computer that cannot run flash...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Flash is cpu intensive, and yours being faulty, it doesn't surprise me!

I can't believe that you haven't taken it back, but instead, have dragged this thread out!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.