Dual boot OS

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.35 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, OS X 10.7.3
i've searched this several times, maybe i'm not searching this right or something, but i was wondering if i could do a dual book on my MBP and make the alternative OS Chromium (mainly for those times i need to quick boot the laptop just to look something up on the internet or something). is there any way this is possible? i know boot camp allows for windows OS' but i'm only doing it for a quick booting OS. Thanks for the advice.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Are you asking if you can setup your MBP to dual boot OS X and Google Chromium? If so, it may be possible but you're on your own as how to do it.

You'll need to use Disk Utility to create a partition to install Chromium on and you'll need a good boot manager. rEFIt

The rest is up to you to figure out.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
If you didn't power it down all the time, you wouldn't have to boot it up "just to look something up on the internet or something". Sleep - practically instant on- Just sayin'.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
This is when the iPad shines almost instant gratification the fastest thing I have owned
from sleep to webpage in seconds.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.35 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, OS X 10.7.3
This is when the iPad shines almost instant gratification the fastest thing I have owned
from sleep to webpage in seconds.

i definitely hear you on that. i'm just not sure if i want to drop that cash on that though. i'm saving up for a iMac for my fiancee and i.

i guess there's no real reason to do this, i'm just toying with the idea. it would just be convent. for instance last night after i powered down my MBP i realized i forgot to check my work schedule, so i had to boot the thing up again, log into my email... instead i could just hit shift and access the alternate OS and my gmail account nearly instantaneously.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.