Windows on Mac Problems

Reaction score
Hi Everybody , I'm sorry my first post on the boards has to be about a problem but, here's the story.

I bought a Mac Mini and went to run bootcamp , I repartitioned the drive and stupidly deleted everything, I managed to install windows XP pro on it (I lost the Mac OS discs in a move) now that's the only operating system on it and that works. I tried to access the internet and its not working , it turns out there's a problem with the ethernet controller driver .

If anyone could help me out I would more than appreciate it .

Thank you everyone in advance and if I posted in the wrong forum I apologize and mods please feel free to move it how you see fit . Thanks again, Daniel

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
what generation is your mac mini? if its an intel processor, you can go out and buy a Snow Leopard disc, its only about £30, (convert if you are in america).

back up your data on windows if you have any.

then boot with it, then with disk utility, erase the drive and install snow leopard.

the problem you are having will only be solved with an original os disc, as these have the drivers for your mac mini. you may be able to find them on the apple site if you are lucky.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.