HI Im Wondering..

C

CrazyMobster

Hi i am new and i have a question. I was resently at my friends house, he has a mac and he introduced me to a cool program Garage Band. But the program is only for Mac. I remember there was such a thing or a program where mac can run windows programs. I was wondering is there a program that does the opposite? Thankyou

OP
M

macguy.nielsen

The Mac to Windows program you are talking about is Virtual PC. Although I do not believe there is a program that does the opposite. Garage Band is made directly from Apple computers and they do not usually create cross system applications (exceptions are: iTunes, Quicktime - all that I know of). Sorry dude, you'll have to get a mac to run that program.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
There is Pear PC that will allow you to emulate Mac OS X on a Win machine. Much like VPC emulates Windows on a Mac.
However, GarageBand is a very intense app, and emulators like VPC and PearPC will not handle highly intensive apps well at all.
So the short answer is, no you cannot run GarageBand without a Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac Dual G4 1.25 Ghz
CrazyMobster said:
Hi i am new and i have a question. I was resently at my friends house, he has a mac and he introduced me to a cool program Garage Band. But the program is only for Mac. I remember there was such a thing or a program where mac can run windows programs. I was wondering is there a program that does the opposite? Thankyou

Try these:
Acid Pro
Tracktion
Sonar

OP
D

DylanMcDonald

FruityLoops is a very good program (much like Garage Band) for Music composition. Give it a try. As for running Mac programs on a PC, i couldn't help you there. I've never tried myself.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
There is another program that is like VPC but for Windows called CherryOS. I dont know how good it is, but if you are dead set on garage band and dont have a mac you might check it out.

Reaction score
PunkRockTuba said:
There is another program that is like VPC but for Windows called CherryOS. I dont know how good it is, but if you are dead set on garage band and dont have a mac you might check it out.

I would stay away from CherryOS. For awhile it was pretty much just vaporware, then they released something that allegedly just used PearPC code, now it is gone.

OP
C

CrazyMobster

Ya PearPC is kindof complicated so i guess ill stick with Windows Programs, im sure i can find some that are just as good. Thanks everyone for the advice

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.