Macbook boot problem. Please Help!!!

Reaction score
Hello. I bought a macbook 13´´ eaarly 2010 and so far so good. Excellent computer. Perfect in every way. Until today. I´ve got two systems on mine. I have Mac oSX and i have windows 7. I was on my windows os and wanted to go to mac osx to change somethings in itunes for my ipod touch. when i went to bootcamp to restart on mac osx it restarted but the apple logo appeared and the rolling thing but it didn´t go any further. Also a kinds load/status bar showed up on the bottom. After about a minute it shut down on it´s own. Tried command & s, and the code /sbin/fsck -fy but nothing worked. Tried booting with mac osx install disc using c key and nothing again. Tried using option key to boot to install cd and mac osx and nothing. It only boots to windows 7. My problem is just like the one on this video: Boot Problem

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
can you see the mac osx partition through windows 7?

you should be able to boot to the mac osx disk. are you using the correct cd? is it the grey one that came with your computer?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It sounds like either your hard drive failed or your OS X boot sector is somehow corrupt.

Try resetting the PRAM|NVRAM. If that doesn't work to get OS X back up, you may have to remove the hard drive in order to get the machine to boot with your startup DVD. You may have to replace the hard drive.

OP
Z
Reaction score
the key combination didn´t worked. Same thing happens. In windows i can go to the macintosh hd, and both device manager and computer mangement tell there´s nothing wrong with the hard drive. I don´t get this, if the hard drive is broken how can i boot into windows?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch 2012 Air
can you hold the option button on boot and select osx disk?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
the key combination didn´t worked. Same thing happens. In windows i can go to the macintosh hd, and both device manager and computer mangement tell there´s nothing wrong with the hard drive. I don´t get this, if the hard drive is broken how can i boot into windows?

Did you read all of what I replied to you?

It sounds like either your hard drive failed or your OS X boot sector is somehow corrupt.

That's why I had you try to reset the PRAM NVRAM. If that didn't work and you can no longer boot into OS X by the suggested methods, then you may have to reinstall.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.