Problems with microphone performance

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a MacBook Pro with Snow Leopard 10.6.6 installed on it (upgrade from Tiger). So far it has been a great laptop and I am loving it.

Recently I started using an e-learning platform and I am having problems with the microphone performance in the virtual room. The other side hears the sound very choppy and unclear.

The strangest thing is that I don't have a single problem with it in Skype or recording audio with audio software. Even stranger is the fact that if I get a call in Skype and leave the call on, the sound in the e-learning platform is fine. Somehow Skype boosts the audio channels. I cannot do the Skype trick all the time and I have to fix the mic somehow because I am teaching in the virtual classroom and it is very important to have good audio performance.

Other than that, the laptop is in great shape. I don't have any viruses. I ran MacKeeper and Onyx.

I tried to use the upgrade CD of Snow Leopard and custom install audio drivers but there is no such option.

If somebody can give me tips, I would really appreciate it.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
it is probably to do with your connection speed to the internet, or the reciever's connection speed. if you can record normally in a daw there is nothing wrong with your mic.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.