What if: iOS had flash

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 17" MBP |core i7 2.66|4gb ddr3|500gb 7200rpm|snow leopard|
I was just wondering today while I'm reading/watching different news....

What if Flash finally met Apple's expectations? What if they finally allowed flash onto iOS devices....

What would Android have to PINK PONIES about? Their biggest argument all along was "we have flash". What will they YELLOW DAISIES about then? They have 203840 different model phones...none of which are alike, so none of which will fit in all of your ios docks.

Oh so motorola Atrix comes with a dock? What if you upgrade to the HTC Shift or whatever...then what...that dock becomes useless. iOS is amazing because all of Apples products and third-party products for iOS alike are designed to work like that.

So what if iOS had flash, and it met Apple's standards....give me your opinion.

*REMEMBER* This is a "what if" and you have to go under the assumption that it meets Apple's standards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Sure why not if they fixed it but no in its current state.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
It would probably still negatively affect battery life. No thanks.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You two have bad imaginations lol.

This assumption would mean that it met Apples standards...which would mean battery life :p

What I'm getting at is....I don't see anything other than Flash, if anything, that Android could use as a reason to hate on Apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 8-core mac pro. 4GB RAM 1.5TB storage. Dual LCDs (one IPS monitor for the colour).
Then maybe they'll make customization just as good as Android. Flash not Android's biggest argument. There's lots more stuff to it and it usually is the way how Apple does business or how it handles their OS.

Before you flame, I have an iphone 4.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Then the world would end. >_<"

Seriously though...I don't think it would really matter. Good for Adobe if they finally manage to meet Apple's standards for iOS. It's not like you can get flash on iPad. >_>"

C

chas_m

Just for the record, Apple (and Steve Jobs personally) have said on more than one occasion that if Flash could hit the targets for efficiency of resources and battery life, it would be welcome on iOS.

So far, though I still get reports saying that (new non-iOS mobile phone x) "has 1.6GHz dual-core processor to handle Flash ..."

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
@CrimsonRequiem - I don't think the world would end :p I think Flash definitely has something going...I don't see why they don't just get their rear-ends in high gear and get their show on the road with making flash faster, lighter, and more efficient. They have nothing to lose and all to gain!

@chas_m - I do believe I remember seeing Steve Jobs say that somewhere in one of his keynotes. As for their comment on that processor "to handle flash"....that should show Adobe where they stand.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
@CrimsonRequiem - I don't think the world would end :p I think Flash definitely has something going...I don't see why they don't just get their rear-ends in high gear and get their show on the road with making flash faster, lighter, and more efficient. They have nothing to lose and all to gain!

@chas_m - I do believe I remember seeing Steve Jobs say that somewhere in one of his keynotes. As for their comment on that processor "to handle flash"....that should show Adobe where they stand.

Everyone has been asking Adobe for years to do that, but doesn't seem like they are listening. HTML5 seems like it's the way to go.

Reaction score
why would you want flash? html 5 is less resource heavy, does more, is easier to program and has a governing body that makes sure its all the same...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch 2012 Air
god the whole flash issue is so annoying. most of flash is primarily used for ad banners and annoying popup windows that scroll with the page to intentionally block your view so you read it. its lame. let it go.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.