So when my brother installed Parallels ...

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here. I've had this question stuck in the back of my head since 2008 when I first got my MacBook. I apologize in advance if it's a dumb question.

So when my mom bought me my MacBook, my brother thought it would be a good idea to install Parallels so I can run Windows if I needed while college. (It was a good idea.) When he installed it, this icon, along with the two partitioned hard drives, appear on my Mac desktop. It's "32bit-UNmanaged.exe". It's something related to Parallels, something like a dependency walker thing. I never really bothered to look it up until now. I was wondering if I could delete it since it's just sitting there never being double clicked on.

My question is:
Can I trash "32bit-UNmanaged.exe" without having harmful repercussions?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Is Parallels still installed on your MacBook? And, are you still using it to run Windows?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can probably delete the file since it's a Windows executable. Keep it in the Trash for awhile to make sure that Parallels still runs OK after you delete it. I have no idea what that file is used for. It may be something left over from the installation.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.