Imac 27 inch box

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC
Hi - I want to buy an IMAC 27 inch and was wondering how big the package was .
I am wondering if I can bring it home with me on a plane or do I need to bring it home via ship(next time I am on a cruise) .
Thanks .

Reaction score
It's... pretty big. I can't measure mine right now, I'm not where I have access to it. But it's quite large, and very heavy. It's been ages since I have flown, so I can't say much about that. It would likely be much cheaper to ship it, I would think, but perhaps not :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo - eMac 1.42 GHz (RIP) - iMac G3 400 MHz - iPad 2 16GB
They're large machines. I would just buy one when I got home, or have it shipped directly to the desired location.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Get it shipped it's roughly 4' x 1' x 3' high and weighs 10kg.

I had to lug it 500 yds from the car park to the Apple store when it went to have it's hard disk replaced and that was quite far enough.

Reaction score
+1, have it shipped. i had to carry mine with 2 hands leaving the store, and it dragged on the floor. haha. it wont fit under your seat or in the overhead, so you'd have to check it for sure.

almost forgot i had this picture lying around. snapped it before moving it to school.
my sister owns the 21.5". it doesn't appear to be much bigger, but it is.
164021_483621577413_500292413_6385045_1050213_n.jpg

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hi - I want to buy an IMAC 27 inch and was wondering how big the package was .
I am wondering if I can bring it home with me on a plane or do I need to bring it home via ship(next time I am on a cruise) .
Thanks .

Lots of advice above. However, from your post I'm assuming you're wanting to buy it from the US and take it back with you to the UK. Have you thought about how much VAT and possible import tax you would have to pay when bringing it on home? It may wind up being the same or little difference in price if you bought it in the UK - and it would certainly be much less of a drag getting it home.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.