Can't connect to internet using certain ip address

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
so, i'm usingport forwarding for bit torrent and i've done everything according to this web site i now can't find, but anyway it made me forward my ports and change my ip address to 10.0.1.201, in stead of 10.0.1.2, and now i can't connect to the internet without changing my ip address any ideas?

L

linmacs

macAttack said:
so, i'm usingport forwarding for bit torrent and i've done everything according to this web site i now can't find, but anyway it made me forward my ports and change my ip address to 10.0.1.201, in stead of 10.0.1.2, and now i can't connect to the internet without changing my ip address any ideas?

Which IP address did you change? The one on your computer on the one on your router? If you change the one on your router to what yhou said, then you will not be able to access the internet. Those IP addresses are non-routeable addresses.

If you changed the IP address on your computer to use those as a static IP address and your router uses DHCP it is very likely that you are using a different subnet than your router and will not be able to connect to the Internet.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.