Need help uninstalling or deleting downloaded app

Reaction score
Hello-

I have an imac and still a little new to it, hoping you can help me with a problem.

I installed a program called "Alarm Clock 2" - I needed a program that can let me set multiple alarms throughout the day. I downloaded it and it's currently in my application folder. When I click on it to open, it doesn't seem to do anything. I tried to delete the application so I could reinstall, thinking I did something wrong in the install, I can't close or force quit the application. It says it's running but I don't see it being open in the Finder.

Any help would be appreciated. THanks.

OP
Q
Reaction score
Ugh - sorry I just now see I posted this in wrong column. Mods please move? Thanks. :Blushing:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved.

Did you check System Preferences, Other, to see if Alarm Clock 2 installed an icon there so that you could access options? If you can't find it there, go to the developer's web site and look for information.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Open up Activity Monitor (/Applications/Utilities) and see if you can find an Alarm Clock 2 process in that list. If so, quit it from there and retry the uninstall.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
When you downloaded the application no doubt it came in a .dmg file. You need to double click on that, and drag the application icon into the Applications folder, double click again to open it and set it up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.