how to make image sequence into movie using FCE?

Reaction score
I have a series of high resolution .tiff files that I would like to put together as a movie in FCE. I am pretty new to the program. I figured out how to import the images but can't seem to figure out how to adjust the FPS. Basically, I want each still image to be one frame and for the movie to run at 30 FPS. Can anyone help me with this?

thanks!

-Adam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You want to show 30 pics per second?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
That is pretty insane, either a great time lapse or epilepsy waiting to happen ;)

- Simon

OP
C
Reaction score
You want to show 30 pics per second?

That is exactly what i want to do. I have over 10GB of images here, and yes, it will be one **** of a time lapse.

is there any way to do this in FCE?

-Adam

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
To the OP:

These forums are staffed by volunteers (peer to peer), not paid support personnel from Apple or any software developer. Sometimes we have an answer, sometimes we don't.

It seems with a little more effort on your own, you found the answer. That's fine and we encourage users to do that first before posting here.

However, replying the way you did is not only impolite by also displays an ungrateful attitude.

OP
C
Reaction score
To the OP:

These forums are staffed by volunteers (peer to peer), not paid support personnel from Apple or any software developer. Sometimes we have an answer, sometimes we don't.

It seems with a little more effort on your own, you found the answer. That's fine and we encourage users to do that first before posting here.

However, replying the way you did is not only impolite by also displays an ungrateful attitude.

I agree, sorry about that. I think I was upset about the post where my question was being treated as ridiculous.

Since this post, I have started using Blender (blender.org - Home) and have found that it works great as an image sequence processor. You can control the FPS, output video codec, resolution, start and stop points...everything. Blender is also open source so it's free.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.