How to use PS3 Controller with COD 4 ?

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have searched endlessly for a solution for this, but havent found anything solid.

I have a Macbook Pro April 2010 15" i7 .

I have downloaded and installed COD4 Modern Warfare1.

I know that you can use a PS3 Pad with mac via bluetooth on OSX 10.6.x and Later. So the bluetooth connects to my laptop fine, but cant find any options to play with the Pad, instead of Keyboard/Mouse in-game of COD?

I have therefore downloaded GamePad Companion from Apple website and setup all the PS3 Buttons in place of the Keyboard equivalent buttons, Hit Start, and surprise surprise, it still didnt change or work!

Any ideas guys?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2015 rMBP
I used controllermate.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
+1 for controllermate, very versatile program and pretty easy to setup, they also have all the info on their website. It costs $15.00 but is worth it in my opinion. I'm sure there are free ones out there too, have a quick search on Google i'm sure you'll find what you are looking for :)
Linky link:

OrderedBytes :: Purchase ControllerMate

HTH
- Simon

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.