need help networking through usb mobile 02 broadband

Reaction score
Hi

Can anyone help me network please ? My knowledge of networking is zilch. Presently in Germany ( from UK) with UK bought laptops, the main one being an apple macbook OSX 10.6.3. Have just got internet on it with a mobile partner o2 usb stick ( finally), but want to network with 3 other laptops so kids can get internet access. The other laptops are 2 x windows xp and 1 windows vista. I did attempt to create a network on the vista laptop earlier and can see the "mobile partner" icon on it but when I click on it , it only shows a 3G network and some other network and although signal strength shows as excellent, it does not connect to the internet.

I really need step by step instructions if anyone can be bothered to take this on ! I don't know if the macbook is properly configured to share internet; I don't know if it's supposed to show airport connection or ethernet ( all it is is a usb stick device which plugs into the macbook), and i don't know what to do on the other comps to get them to connect. Will this work to get wireless connection on the other laptops or am i wasting my time? thank you for any help - we are desperate.
Sabrina

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.