• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

First Verizon iPhones now being delivered

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Let the whining and moaning begin!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you notice the Verizon commercial at the end of the Superbowl yesterday? They displayed a rotating scene of the iPhone and then went on to talk about how much better their network was. However, they never once mentioned the iPhone during the ad. I guess the old "A picture is worth a thousand words" still holds true.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I can confirm this - but it was shipped UPS and is sitting in West Chester (about 90 minutes from me). Seems it will be delivered tomorrow (when I'm not home, unfortunately).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Yep the new Verizon and AT&T ads are all about my network is better then yours. Neither really sell the iphone. Not that it needs selling.

But the new Apple iphone 4 ad on the other hand with the split screen and 2 iphones side by side is really good I think. It advertises both AT&T and Verizon without saying one is better then the other. I think Apple did the right thing by letting the carriers fight over who's the best.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
The word "best" is quite subjective.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I received mine

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I received mine

Sweet. Any luck finding a case yet? How's the voice quality? On-par with other VZW phones?

I'm looking at the Encase Slider. Supposedly the existing model fits both phones.

I've also ordered Crystal Films, which worked great for me on my iPod Touch. Those films are just awesome - scratch resistant and so transparent and bubble-free you'd never know they were there.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I got mine from Verizon, since I get a company discount. I have not opened the boxes yet. Mostly likely on Thursday, when I have more time to set them up.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I received mine

Just torture us and don't post any details!

Sweet. Any luck finding a case yet? How's the voice quality? On-par with other VZW phones?

I'm looking at the Encase Slider. Supposedly the existing model fits both phones.

I've also ordered Crystal Films, which worked great for me on my iPod Touch. Those films are just awesome - scratch resistant and so transparent and bubble-free you'd never know they were there.

I'll likely be getting my VZW iPhone within a month and go with the standard Apple bumper. However, I really can't stop eyeing these Element Cases, but they are expensive. The Satin Nickel one makes my heart race.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just torture us and don't post any details!

I'll likely be getting my VZW iPhone within a month and go with the standard Apple bumper. However, I really can't stop eyeing these Element Cases, but they are expensive. The Satin Nickel one makes my heart race.

Those are very cool. $100 though... whew... that's a good chunk of change for a case.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
Those are very cool. $100 though... whew... that's a good chunk of change for a case.
I agree they are pretty cool but for $100 thieves might steal the case instead of the iPhone. ;)

Before the Verizon iPhones AT&T had a $99 iPhone special for new customers so these cases would actually cost more than the phone. If I had one of these cases I would probably buy another case just to protect these expensive cases. :D

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
In the article, it was mentioned that a customer received their iPhone only to find out the box was empty. Then to top it off, they find out another person activated it under their account... I'd be livid, if that was Verizon's fault. But it could have just been stolen either way.

If that happened to me I would demand a new phone from Verizon. And if they said no I'd take them to court no questions asked.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Finally got my iPhone tonight... wow, this is bliss. The next time I touch my DInc will be to pack it up and ship it to the buyer ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.