Macbook pro 17" start up problem

Reaction score
Hi.
I have a slight problem.
When I start up my Macbook, it boots as normal, until the final stage. The spinning wheel (not the circus wheel) stops, and the screen freezes in boot picture. The wierd thing is that it seems like the machine itself runs as normal, because I can hear things happening.. Like sound up and down, backlight on keypad works, I've obviously thrown something in the can, because I could hear the paper fold-sound. Oh.. and it does not work with an external screen either..

What to do? Anyone?

Ray Delay.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
First thing to try is boot your machine with the original install DVD that came with it. Once it boots, do not proceed with the install, instead click on the top menu "Utilities", and then on "Disk Utility". From there, click on the First Aid tab and run a verify and repair on the entire hard drive. Post back results to this same thread and we can go from there.

(I suspect your hard drive may be failing or already failed.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.