Mac only software, and other top software...

J

Jonnex

Hi,

im about to get a mac mini. Im hoping to get some really cool mac only software, or get hold of the best software availible for what im looking to do.
Ive got some programs for my PC, but id really like to know if there are good alternative mac programs, or just a list of the best programs in the field you can think of!
i would love the best:
3d graphics programs
2d graphics programs, for drawing, photomanipulating, animation, anything, programs such as photoshop and flash, but maybe some mac only ones? or just generally good programs that are availible for macs too.
music making programs and sound editing programs of any kind
video editing software

plus, software of ANY kind that is mac only that you think is good for any reason!
the longer the lists you can give the better, id just like to have lots of programs to research and possible invest in.

thanks alot!
any help greatly appreciated!
Jonny

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3 Ghz i3 iMac, Macbook Pro, Old G5, iPhone, iPad, and a drawer of iPods
Me too!
Im am also a new Mac user, please post links or info on Mac software you love, especially freeware.

Reaction score
EndNote is Mac only, not very fun software though.

If you need a photo editor and you have the money, get photoshop. If thats too much for you, then download Gimp, its free.

OP
J

Jonnex

heheheh endnote looks humourous, thanks for your help though, any one any more?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
maya for 2 and 3d
photoshop, i prefer fireworks though
garage band comes with your puter, also use logic
final cut pro

-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
VersionTracker and MacUpdate are the best sources for Mac software. Both cross-platform and mac-exclusive titles.

Most of the big-name graphics packages are cross-platform (which is a good thing, I think. One exception is GraphicConverter; it's for quick photo manipulation. It's not Photoshop, but it's fast and cheap (if your Mac didn't already come with it.)

If you have any more specific needs, post somewhere. I'm sure someone will know of a package.

OP
A

AndrewK

Final Cut Studio is the most awesome software I've ever used. Motion 2 is really cool and the whole package is just great. I've only had my Mac for a week and I've already done so much with it and it's definitly worth it. You'll need some serious ram though, especially for Motion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Some interesting links

I have added some more links here.

Hope this helps

NoviceW

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.