Microsoft Server 2003/ Mac file web hosting

M

Mandysue

We just bought our own server, loaded with Microsoft Server 2003, and we're going to host our website on it. I'm using a G5 running 10.3.5, and I've had no trouble posting the site files (made in adobe GoLive) to the server, but once we launch the browser, all my fonts are unformatted and little thing like linestyle is different. Someone told me that we need a script to run on the server so it can properly read the mac files. Anyone had any experience with this, and where would I find a script if that is really the fix? Thanks!

OP
C

cardwellm

Mandysue said:
We just bought our own server, loaded with Microsoft Server 2003, and we're going to host our website on it. I'm using a G5 running 10.3.5, and I've had no trouble posting the site files (made in adobe GoLive) to the server, but once we launch the browser, all my fonts are unformatted and little thing like linestyle is different. Someone told me that we need a script to run on the server so it can properly read the mac files. Anyone had any experience with this, and where would I find a script if that is really the fix? Thanks!

No, there are no scripts you need to run or anything. Your Windows box does not need help reading the "mac files" (there's no difference with data files). The problem is with the pages you made. I am running Window Server 2003 myself and do this all the time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.