Facebook won't load properly

Reaction score
I'm new here, so please bear with me if I might be in the wrong discussion forum.
I'm having this issue for almost a week now. The site seems to be okay. The problem is that all the newsfeed I'm getting whenever a friend upload their pics, all I'm seeing is just a blank square or a question mark on it. When I open a friends album or even mine, the general view looks the same too. Blank. But when I open a picture individually, it does load up properly. It seems to be an isolated problem as all other sites I go to are fine.

I'm using Safari and Google Chrome. Both fails loading facebook properly.

Hope you guys can help me. Thanks!

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
how fast is your internet?

OP
R
Reaction score
1mbps only. The thing is the problem just occurred recently. I don't know what went wrong. Here's what my Safari activity monitor shows with facebook.

I did find a problem on google and someone suggested changing the MTU to 1400. Although, I'm sure they're not talking about Safari browser or Mac, nevertheless I did try it and changed mine as well, but problem's still the same.

I'm using an ethernet connection, btw.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Can't see the image. Seems like the link to the image is broken or something?

OP
R
Reaction score
Picture 46.png

Picture 47.png

Picture 45.png

Picture 44.png

I attached some new screen caps. I appreciate if y'all could help me. It's really frustrating on my end. Thanks again.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well facebook have just introduced a new picture viewing system? could be something to do with that.

thing is my internet does that, when its running slow.

OP
R
Reaction score
Please help. The problem has gotten worse. This is now what I'm seeing with facebook. Both Safari and Chrome. No matter how I refresh, it still look like this. Again, all other sites that I go too are working just fine.
Picture 48.png
Picture 48.png

Reaction score
Please help. The problem has gotten worse. This is now what I'm seeing with facebook. Both Safari and Chrome. No matter how I refresh, it still look like this. Again, all other sites that I go too are working just fine.
View attachment 14302
View attachment 14302

This is what I am getting too. Driving me nuts. I get a similar result with a simple yahoo search. Also, software update is taking a very very long time to search for updates.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
can you do a repair permissions in disk utility?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.