Light Around Edges of Display?

Reaction score
When your screen is black (like when you pull up an all-black slide in Keynote, or when you open the lid of your MacBook to log in) is your screen slightly lighter on the left and right sides? If so, is this normal? I'm trying to figure out if I've got any issues. The model I'm using is a 13-inch MacBook Pro, purchased in August of 2010. Just give it a quick check and let me know! Thanks, people!

Aubree

Reaction score
If I put up an all black background on our iMac or Macbook Pro, and turn the brightness up all the way, I see some light bleeding through around all the edges as well. As far as I know that's completely normal. Could be wrong though, it's hard to know without seeing the extent of bleeding that yours does around the edges, but I'm pretty sure a bit is to be expected if the brightness is up. If I turn the brightness down one or two clicks, the bleeding is nearly invisible for me on both the iMac and Macbook Pro :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
I only ever have my brightness set to half, however did just test this out by putting it to max and I can see a little light bleeding through, put it back to normal and I can't see squat light bleed.

- Simon

OP
D
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks guys. Mine is hard to see too and is only noticeable if I am viewing the screen from a sharp angle. I just wanted to be certain. Much appreciated!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Anytime, here to help ;)

- Simon

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.