Sense Error 0X73 0X3 Superdrive cleaning kit

Reaction score
Whats up with this error, seems there is a lot of people getting it. I tried some silly guide where by changing the language settings fixed it but that was a load of bull.

Another solution is to buy a dvd cleaning kit but are these suitable for the slot loading superdrives. Can anyone recommend a suitable kit for my macbook pro 13"?

OP
M
Reaction score
Ive never used anything but verbatim disks. I always use verbatim dvd-r

Has anyone got a video tutorial for disassembling the macbook pro 13. Its 2009 version, the one that doesnt have a removable battery. I want to remove the superdrive and clean the lens.

Shouldnt be too difficult but would like to have a video on it.....

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You don't need to remove the optical drive to clean the lens. And, in all likelihood cleaning it won't make a difference. Buy one of those cans of compressed air and blow inside the drive. If the lens should be dust covered, that will clean it.

If you feel like taking your MBP apart, go to iFixit: The free repair manual and look up their step by step instructions. Find the instructions for changing the optical drive.

OP
M
Reaction score
Mashiskta are supposed to be bad drives and those are the ones giving people problems. This is what Ive got.

What brand of superdrive should I search for. My charger is also starting to frey at the top so thats another thing to replace.

After buying 3 macbooks from apple and never having anything replaced do you think theres any hope that they will fix these two problems for free 4 months outside of my warranty.

OP
M
Reaction score
Any superdrive recommendations, dont want to buy another ****** drive?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Take a look here. They stock the best in parts and peripherals for the Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.