iMac Wont Turn On...

Reaction score
Ok So I just bought an old iMac G3 With OS 8.6 On it for my sister for basic word proccesing so it worked when i got it home it worked just fine but now i just shut it down to move it for her and it wont turn back on, Please help.
SPECS:
32 MB of Ram
Bondi Blue
Tray Load
333 Mhz Power PC G3 Processor
from 1998
OS 8.6
:(:(:(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
This may sound stupid (well it was done by me so was stupid anyway) but when you moved it did you firmly press the power cable back into the back and turn on the plug? I did it about a year ago and i'm still kicking myself for it, especially "f"ing and blinding at it for about an hour because I couldn't work out why it wasn't working.

On the plus side you probably aren't as silly as me and harryb's suggestion seems like the best course of action :D

- Simon

OP
iMacKidd
Reaction score
This may sound stupid (well it was done by me so was stupid anyway) but when you moved it did you firmly press the power cable back into the back and turn on the plug? I did it about a year ago and i'm still kicking myself for it, especially "f"ing and blinding at it for about an hour because I couldn't work out why it wasn't working.

On the plus side you probably aren't as silly as me and harryb's suggestion seems like the best course of action :D

- Simon

Well I Cant Get the Case apart because all of the screw heads are stripped because of the B***h That Owned it before me...

OP
iMacKidd
Reaction score
Well I Cant Get the Case apart because all of the screw heads are stripped because of the B***h That Owned it before me...

Ok Thanks Guys I got the Computer To turn on but it went to the picture of a folder with finder then a question mark but luckily i have the original install disks... i am installing 8.6 Right now!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Glad it is working now... how did you get it to switch on though? Lucky press of the power button?
Hope it goes well, keep us updated.

- Simon

Reaction score

Theres only like 3 screws. The T shaped bottom comes off and the inside slides out in a drawer. At some point youll have to change the battery. You can put OS 9 on it if you want. Not enough memory to go any further. Make sure you have full retail disc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.